Saturday, 5 October 2013

September Haul!

Before I get into this haul post, I'm going to warn you all that it might be a little bit photo heavy and that it is most probably going to be pretty long. Sorry! As you all know, I have been in London for quite a while now and to be honest I have taken full advantage of the shops they have to offer down here. When you're a shopaholic living in London, you're happier than a pig in mud. However, when you move back to a small town where there aren't any amazing shops and everyone shops in the same place and therefore looks and dresses the same; you're deprived, seriously deprived. 

I know that we are a few days into October and usually I try and get my haul posts up at the beginning of each new month but this this month it just hasn't been possible. I have been really busy with uni work and the main issue I had was that I was having issues with my iPhone cable. Unfortunately, this is where I take all of my on the go pictures and I needed some that were stored on there for this post. A few days ago I did go to Apple and get a new charging cable so everything is fine and dandy but now I have come down with an awful infection that's affecting everywhere on my head (sinus's, nose, head, ears) but is mainly attacking my throat. I don't really feel up to doing much because I feel awful and I have been told by the doctor (I had to have an emergency appointment on Friday) to rest but to be honest I'm going out of my mind laying in bed doing nothing so I thought I'd blog for a little while. 

Chanel.

My family came down for a few days at the end of August/beginning of September and we spent a day shopping in Covent Garden. I have never owned a Chanel perfume before (which I find hard to believe because I have a huge perfume collection) but when I was back home I couldn't walk past Debenhams without popping in and smelling Chance Eau Tendre. It's such a fresh modern scent and I would describe it as being Chanel perfume for the younger generation - sophisticated enough so that you don't smell like a mini tart but young enough so that you don't smell too mature. Does that make sense? Anyway, take my word for it, this smells gorgeous! I was lucky enough to be bought the limited edition 150ml bottle and I'm in love! This has already been added to my christmas list!


MAC.

Whilst in Covent Garden, I couldn't not go into the MAC store, I have been thinking about making a custom 15 pan eye shadow palette for a while now and finally decided that I would buy myself some colours to kick start my collection whilst I had the money. I think I chose some of the really popular colours but that doesn't bother me; they're obviously well known for a reason? The only thing that I didn't agree with (and the reason why I haven't bought one of these palettes sooner) is that fact that you have to buy the palette and the insert separately. This means that before you have even bought any eye shaodws (which cost £10 in pan format) you have already spent £20 something... 


Top L-R: Naked Lunch, All That Glitters
Middle L-R: Charcoal Brown, Woodwinked
Bottom L-R: Satin Taupe, Club

NUXE/Marks & Spencers.

You may be wondering why I have put that I got this product from NUXE/Marks & Spencers? For those of you who didn't know, Marks & Spencers now have their own mini beauty hall and whilst shopping with family I found myself having a little look through it. It isn't as big as somewhere such as Selfridges or John Lewis and it doesn't sell as much makeup but it's still a nice place to look around. It was in a really well lit area of the store and the whole layout looked very clean and inviting - it really appealed to me. Whilst mooching around, I noticed the NUXE section and they had a tester out for every single product. I wasn't intending to buy anything but then I noticed the super hyped Reve de Miel lip balm and couldn't resist trying it out on my hand. I have said it a few times on here but I suffer from eczema on my lips and they were super sore. This balm was more like a cream: super mositurising and made my hand feel amazing. It also smells like Terry's Chocolate Orange - how could I resist!?


Feel Unique. 

I finally ordered two things that I have been wanting to try for a long time! Lately I have been loving red tinted lip balms as I just find they suit me and really wake up my complexion. They're also super moisturising and don't cling to my lips in the way that lipstick would. I hate wearing lipstick, I just don't like myself wearing it one little bit. Korres balms are loved by many beauty bloggers and I thought I would finally pick on up and give it a try. 
I also finally decided that I was going to be brave and order the Moroccan Oil. I have heard so much about this oil and I am a big fan of hair oils in general! I think that when you're in the beauty community/industry you hear so many positive things about a certain product that you think it's going to be absolutely amazing and you have such high hopes for it that when you finally get your hands on it you feel let down. I didn't want this to be the case with the Moroccan Oil as it is pretty expensive. This tiny bottle cost me £13 something. I am so pleased that I finally made the plunge into the world of Moroccan Oil because I can definitely see why it is raved about and loved by so many. Yes, this product is expensive for what it is and it does smell a bit weird (no matter how much I love this oil, I will never grow to love the smell of it!) but it really is wonderful. I have used a fair few hair oils in the past ranging from the expensive to the inexpensive and I have to say that so far this one along side my Lee Stafford Argan Oil (review here) is my favourite! 


Boots.

No beauty bloggers monthly haul is worthwhile without a mention to the beauty heaven that is Boots. Recently they have had their 3 for 2 hair care offer on and I most definitely took full advantage of it. I needed to stock up on my Toni&Guy shampoo, conditioner and deep conditioner as I had ran out of all three and I wanted to try something new as well. During my time as a blogger, I have come across many hair mask/deep conditioner reviews but one that constantly pops up in the beauty world is the Lee Stafford 'for hair that never grows past a certain length' Treatment. I have been on a big hair growth mission lately and what I am doing is most definitely paying off but I liked the fact that this product does claim to focus mainly on making the root of the hair more healthy and stronger making it less likely to drop and which in turn should promote quicker and more healthy hair growth! Regardless of whether or not this product works, if it the packaging mentions anything about 'hair growth' I'm all over it and willing to give it a try! 


Finally, I couldn't leave Boots without picking up one of Rimmel's new Scandaleyes eye shadow paints in 'Rich Russet'. This product has been all over beauty blogs and in YouTube videos at the moment so I couldn't help but pick it up! This colour is perfect for those who have blue eyes, like a simple fuss free eye shadow look and want everything to stay in place all day (and night). This product just does not move or crease - perfect!!  


Origins.

Until last month, I had never tried anything from Origins. I follow the brand on Twitter and noticed that they were having an amazing freebie offer. Whenever you bought a skincare item, you got to choose from one of four mini boxes with certain samples in. I have been suffering from a few spots this month (which have mainly been hormonal breakouts) and it was getting me down. I'm a person who doesn't usually get spots and bad break outs so when I do I don't like it and I certainly don't know how to deal with them. I decided that I needed something that could pack a punch and shift these spots once and for all so I decided that I would order Origins Super Spot Remover. I have to admit, the awesome freebies convinced me to make the order and considering how awesome they were I think paying £14 for the spot treatment was an amazing deal! I love a good old beauty bargain and an awesome freebie! 


Nike/Schuh

Finally, after months and months of wanting a pair, I bought some Nike Blazers! Prior to buying these, I had tried on exactly the same pair in Selfridges but because of the pressure I felt I was under in the shop to try them on and make a decision, I couldn't get my foot into them. For those of you who don't know, a few weeks ago, I damaged 4 of my toes and have been plastered and strapped up ever since. I decided I would treat myself after uni one day and bring the shoes home to try. For those of you who don't know, Schuh has an AMAZING returns policy - you have 363 days!! In my own time, I was able to get my poorly foot into them pain free and I'm happy I made the purchase. They're beautiful! 



Liz Earle 

If you follow me on Instagram (if you don't, my username is linked at the bottom of this post) then you will most probably be aware of how much I was loving Liz Earle skincare last month. From the first time I used Cleanse and Polish (first impressions post here), I have been hooked on the brand. Their skincare is really nice and gentle which means its perfect to use on my sensitive eczema prone skin. I would say that the brand is priced mid range so is affordable but not as readily available or as cheap as the average face wash that can just be picked up from Boots. I love the fact that every time you order from Liz Earle online you receive a free complimentary 30ml Cleanse and Polish and a mini pure muslin cloth that are both perfect for travel or using up before you start on your big pump bottle! Top marks for customer service there! 
Last month the brand released their Limited Edition Cleanse and Polish which I couldn't resist after loving the original and reading about the hype that surrounded last years limited edition offering. I also picked up one of the brands skincare Try Me kits which comes in a mini toiletry bag with a pure muslin cloth. Try Me kits are the perfect way to try new skincare items and this one worked out as being considerably cheaper than if I bought all of the items contained within it individually! Finally of course, I had to take advantage of the amazing 24hour offer Liz Earle held at the end of last month. For £9.50 you could get a 100ml bottle of Cleanse and Polish and two pure muslin cloths! I absolutely LOVE the pure muslin cloths the brand have created and last month I think I ordered around 10 new ones! Every time I made an order, I ordered some cloths. I like to be able to have a new one every day and they're really reasonably priced. I think I picked up a pack of 6 for £10 something with was a bargain!  




The White Company.

I love this brand and the way they wrap up your purchases is so nice. I have always had such lovely customer service in store and the baby stuff never fails to make me broody! It's always so cute!
My nanna bought me some really thick muslin cloths which are amazing quality and I bought myself a pink blanket. Both items are super soft because they're from the baby section (the Little White Company) and are a nice luxurious staple to have. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of them because I was a bad blogger and forgot to take them before writing this post! Never mind...

Selfridges.

Finally, when is a huge haul complete without a trip to Selfridges!? I absolutely love Selfridges and I would definitely go as far as saying that it's my favourite shop in London. Yes, I prefer Selfridges waaaay more than Harrods! I may have gone a little over board in there but hey you only live once and I needed a few of the things I got!

If you read my post (here) all about Charlotte Tilbury and the launch of her new brand then you will know that I picked up this makeup bag. I don't need to say much about it as it is just a makeup bag but I love it and the design is super cute! 


I have heard so much about the Giorgio Armani Lumionous silk foundation and lately I have found myself wanting something that doesn't provide as much coverage. I have been loving my Body Shop 'All In One Face Base' but wanted something that wouldn't cling to the eczema I have around my nose at the moment. I was also wanting something that wasn't as full coverage because I was sick of having a heavy foundation that wasn't the perfect match to my skin colour. This foundation is super light and looks really nice on. Although this can be built up coverage wise, it still doesn't offer a lot so if you're not prepared to look virtually bare faced ... this one probably isn't for you! The guy who colour matched me was also super lovely and squirted my bag with Giorgo Armani's new fragrance 'Si' - it smells lush! 


I have had my eye on a Marc Jacobs phone case for a while and when my friend showed me where they were I couldn't refuse! Okay, so this phone case is the most expensive one that I have ever bought (apart from my Mulberry pouch but that doesn't count because it's a pouch and it was a present?) as I usually go a little crazy on eBay and buy cases. I wanted something a little different and of course being the lover of labels that I am I couldn't resist tarting up my iPhone too. This case stood out at me right away because I love pink and purple and it was holographic. A holographic phone case, how cool!! 


If you have been following my blog for a while, you will know how much I love Alexander McQueen and his scarves! Winter is soon to be upon us and I thought that my trip to Selfridges was the perfect time for me to add to my ever expanding collection. I found myself in the MCQ section which is right by Marc Jacobs and I was drawn to this scarf straight away. I have been looking at it online but whenever I have been scarf shopping I have always gone to Alexander McQueen. There isn't much difference between Alexander McQueen and MCQ. Basically, Alexander McQueen is the more expensive collection and MCQ has been marketed as being slightly more affordable. McQueen could be seen as being more couture whereas MCQ is more edgy and trendy - street style. I love this pashmina and it's going to be perfect for winter. I can't wait to wear it with an outfit that is totally monochrome! 


I hope you managed to make it to the end of this super long haul! Don't forget that the giveaway I am holding to celebrate my blog 1st birthday is ending in the next few days so if you want to be in with a chance of winning some of Liz Earle's Cleanse & Polish and some limited edition Vaseline CLICK HERE!

Twitter: @PurpleElll
Instagram: Elysia_JW

10 comments:

  1. Love the haul! The Rimmel Scandaleyes Shadow Paints are amazing and I love the marc Jacobs phone case too x

    shotofbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Shadow Paints are perfect for when you don't want to spend ages doing perfect eye makeup. I always just shove this on when I'm in a rush and its perfect. Thank you, the phone case just jumped out at me. I had to have it xx

      Delete
  2. I absolutely LOVE Chanel perfume, I've worn Chanel Chance for the past 7 years. It's such a classic scent but perhaps I need to venture out to the other scents available now :)

    Helen x

    http://treasureeverymoment01.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never gone for Chanel. I always thought they were far too grown up for me but I guess I'm 20 now so I can get away with something such as the Chance Eau Tendre! The Eau Fraiche is also really nice :) xx

      Delete
  3. Aw I love all your purchases. Love a long detailed haul post like this, lovely! Consider me a happy new follower.

    www.becka-thisismyworld.blogspot.com
    Becka! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed and like long posts like this one ... I was worried it might have been a little too intense haha. Thank you for the follow, also xx

      Delete
  4. Fabulous haul, I love everything xxx

    http://rosiebernice.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmmm Chanel Chance smell soooo god. Looove it, its my favorite <3

    ReplyDelete