Sunday, 8 September 2013

Vaseline Limited Edition 'Paint The Town' #3

As many beauty fans and lip balm fanatics will know, Vaseline bring out a limited edition tin every year. It's usually around the beginning of September and is exclusive to Selfridges. I don't know about you but whenever I see a beauty product along with the words 'Limited Edition' I'm all over it! I feel like because it's limited edition if I don't get it right away everyone else might buy it and then it will sell out and I won't be able to get hold of it. It's a sad thought process I know but that's the way my mind works!

If you're a frequent Twitter user and follow lots of other beauty bloggers then you may have noticed that a few of them were sent some clues as to what this years limited edition flavour was going to be. I can't actually remember what the clues were but I don't think they were extremely obvious as to what this years tin actually was.

Anyway, enough of my rambling ... This week, the new 'Paint The Town' Vaseline was released and I went to Selfridges to pick some up on Friday. I also picked up some things from MAC but shhh it's our little beauty secret! At the moment, the new Vaseline is only exclusive to Selfridges so it isn't readily available in the UK. However, it is being released nationwide mid September so should be available in your local supermarkets, Boots, Superdrug and the rest from then on. It is priced at £3.49 and if you don't have a Selfridges near you and feel as though you can't wait a little while longer you can buy it from selfridges.com.


I have to say that when I found out that Vaseline's latest limited edition offering was a red lip tint I was a little excited. I have a really pale skin tone and I am really getting into red lip balms at the moment. I'm not quite brave enough to go all out on a red lipstick but I thought a lip tint would be a good alternative. I headed straight to Selfridges, excited!

I love the packaging of this! Like most Vaseline's, it comes in a round tin and is perfect for throwing in your makeup bag or handbag. At first I thought that the red tricking down looked like blood but upon closer inspection it became clear that the red was highlighting the black bottom area which is shaped into buildings. As though the town it being painted red - clever huh? I like the name of this Vaseline. I think sometimes we assume that Vaseline is a boring product but this makes it sound really special and really rather classy. 'Paint The Town' - I like it!


As I have previously said, I had a lot of hope for this product and I was slightly let down by it. I assumed that because it was a lip tint made by Vaseline it would be rather pigmented but in a moisturising balm kind of way. Unfortunately, there is not a lot of pigment or tint to this product at all. However, this doesn't bother me because I think that this would be a perfect product to use when you just want to give your lips a subtle slightly red glow. If you're in school and aren't allowed to wear makeup or are just breaking into the world of red lips, you're likely to love Vaseline's latest offering. The only thing I dislike about this product is the smell! I just find it awful; a mixture of plain petroleum jelly (you know that weird burning smell) and a barely there cherry. The smell reminds me of why I dislike Vaseline and I was hoping that because this is supposed to be a 'lip tint' it wouldn't have the signature smell but unfortunately it did!

What do you think of 'Paint The Town' ? Have you bought it?
Do you plan on trying it?

Twitter: @PurpleElll
Instagram: Elysia_JW

4 comments:

  1. I have wanted to buy it since it's release, I think the packaging is really cute, but it's a shame that it doesn't smell great! I can't stand bad smelling lip products haha! xx

    http://lipstick-and-coffee.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think that the smell would be an issue for someone who isn't bothered by Vaseline. I'm glad that I picked this up :) xx

      Delete
  2. A lot of Vaseline products let me down. I tend to use their products just to soften my lips up before lipstick in my make up routine. But I have heard good stuff about their new Spray and Go moisturiser is good though!

    Lindsey. x
    www.elegant-chaos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really not a Vaseline fan as I just find it really greasy and it goes all over. It's like putting pure oil in your lips. However, I couldn't resist this! I'm a sucker for anything limited edition. I've also heard amazing things about the new Spray and Go but haven't tried it xx

      Delete