Saturday, 21 September 2013

Liz Earle 'Cleanse & Polish' - First Impressions

If you're into your makeup or skincare then I'm pretty sure that you will have heard of the Liz Earle 'Cleanse & Polish'. This is a cult cleanser that virtually every man and his dog has tried and tested. Liz Earle uses naturally active ingredients and the formula that is used for 'Cleanse & Polish' today is the same as the one that has been used since 1995.

A few years ago, when I was way too young to appreciate good skin care, I received a large bottle of 'Cleanse & Polish' for christmas off of my auntie and I had no idea what on earth I was supposed to do with it. I didn't really wear much makeup as I was only just beginning to experiment so didn't appreciate something as wonderful as this. Instead of using it, I placed it in a box and forgot about it. Whilst I was sorting things out for moving back to university, I came across my old makeup box and inside were two of the Liz Earle pure muslin cloths. They had never been used before so I gave them a wash and used them with the cleanser I was using a few weeks ago. It's safe to say I fell in love and decided that I needed to actually try the 'Cleanse & Polish' once and for all. 

For those of you who don't know what this product is, it's a hot cloth cleanser. I know, it sounds kind of complicated but trust me it isn't. You take between one and two pumps and apply it onto your face with your makeup on. You massage this in and the product will break your makeup down. Once you're all massaged in, you take the pure muslin cloth and run it under water that feels hot to the touch. Don't go running it under boiling water because you'll only end up hurting your hand and your face. Once you've applied the hot water onto your cloth, you ring it out so it's damp begin wiping the product off of your face using circular motions. As well as removing the cleanser and the makeup from your face, the muslin cloth will give your face a light exfoliation and leave it feeling super soft. When you're all done taking the product off, run the cloth under cold water and wipe it over your face. This just makes sure that your pores are closed and don't stay open. 




So far my thoughts and opinions on the 'Cleanse & Polish' are that it is:

- Quick and easy to use.
- Effective and removes all traces of makeup from the skin.
- Okay to be used on the eyes to remove eye makeup. However, those with sensitive may not be able to use this on them every use.
- Nicely packaged.
- More affordable than I thought it would be. The 50ml Starter Pack (product + 1 muslin cloth) cost £9.25 and the small tube was a complimentary gift. However, you can pick up a 15ml tube and muslin cloth for as little as £3.25!!
- Leaves your skin feeling super soft.
- Can cause slight break outs. Due to this product removing all of the dirt that's within your skin and giving it a damn good clean, it can cause your skin to temporarily break out. 
- Smells rather minty/herbal.
- Good value for money as a bottle/tube comes with either one or two muslin cloths depending on the size you order. 
- Gentle enough to be used morning and night everyday.
- Suitable for all skin types.
- Relatively long lasting as a little goes a long way.

The 30ml tube of 'Cleanse & Polish' is something that everyone gets sent when they order from Liz Earle. I love the fact that whenever you make an order, you get sent a complimentary tube of this cult cleanser and small muslin cloth. It shows that they value peoples custom; especially as this size tube sells for £5.50. Although this cleanser has slightly broken me out on my chin I don't think it's anything serious and is just my skin reacting to the deep clean that this product gives. I have enjoyed using this product so much that I previously bought the limited edition Grapefruit and Patchouli one that comes with two muslin cloths so I can't wait to try that out. I shall of course, be reviewing both products in full in the near future!

Have you ever tried the Liz Earle 'Cleanse & Polish'? What do you think of it? 

Twitter: @PurpleElll
Instagram: Elysia_JW


If you're feeling lucky, don't forget to enter the giveaway that I am currently holding to celebrate my blogs 1st birthday! I'm giving away, to one lucky reader, a tube of Liz Earle 'Cleanse & Polish' and a tin of the new limited edition 'Paint The Town' #3 Vaseline! To be in with a chance of winning, click HERE. Entry is super easy and will take you a matter of minutes. Good luck x

8 comments:

  1. This is one product I just don't get the hype with if I am honest. I hate the smell, although their new one might be a tad better. I think when I product has so much hype it can often be a let down. Great review though!

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're not the only one who doesn't like the smell. A lot of people dislike it but I find it really refreshing! You're right about the hype that surrounds a product. When you hear everyone saying fantastic things about a product you expect it to be amazing and when it isn't you feel more let down than you usually would do xx

      Delete
  2. I love this cleanser, it really sorts my skin out when it gets bad and i always notice the difference when i dont use it!

    Hannah Heartss xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like it too and I feel as though it gives me skin a good cleansing and removes all of my makeup! It is breaking me out slightly but I think that's just my skin reacting to getting all it's grime removed! xx

      Delete
  3. I tried this a few years ago and I liked it but I started to get eczema while using it so I don't use it anymore - although it might not have been this products fault - I know a lot of people love this product though :)

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh that isn't good! I suffer from eczema really bad and it's never made it appear on my face or anywhere. I guess everyone's skin reacts differently but it could just be a coincidence. That happened the first time I ever used Bioderma - I got extremely bad eczema all over my neck area but that wasn't the products fault ... Although now I have realised that is breaks me out! xx

      Delete
  4. I've been dieing to try this since my friend raves about it so much - thankyou! :) xx

    thriftyskies | beauty and trends ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem at all :) First impressions posts always seem to be short and snappy so help people decide much quicker whether or not they want to try something xx

      Delete