Saturday, 28 September 2013

Bath and Body Works 'PocketBacs' - Haul

I wouldn't say that I am obsessed with keeping my hands clean at all times, but I do like to be able to freshen them up. Personally, I would consider something such as an antibacterial hand gel as a handbag essential. Whenever I'm out and about I like to know that I can freshen up my hands at any opportunity. I'm due to be going back to uni soon and as many of you will know I study and live in London during term time. This means I use the tube, frequently. Let's face it, the tube is absolutely disgusting at times and is like a breeding ground for germs - coughs, colds, sickness bugs, runny noses and goodness knows what else is all festering underground. As soon as I leave the tube station, I like to stand to one side and apply some hand gel. I know that some people argue that hand gels don't actually sanitise your hands and kill the germs that are living on them but that doesn't bother me. Despite some peoples cynical approach to hand sanitisers, I like to think they do work and using one puts my mind at rest. I feel relatively satisfied that until I can properly wash my hands they're clean. Until I can get to a tap, hand gel will suffice!

If you live in America then being able to pop into a Bath and Body Works shop is pretty standard for you. However, here in the UK we are not fortunate enough to have a Bath and Body Works. I believe that there may have been one in the UK at some point many many years ago but unfortunately stores closed because demand was not rife enough! If us Brits want something from Bath and Body Works we either have ask a very kind favour of an American friend, go to America ourselves or buy from eBay. Yes, British beauty and hand sanitiser fans, you heard it Bath and Body Works products are available on eBay!

My usual hand sanitiser is either the Soap and Glory 'Hand Maid' (review here) or one of the Carex ones. However, neither of these gels compare to the offerings of the Bath and Body Works 'Pocket Bacs'. You name a flavour/smell, Bath and Body Works do it. They do every smell ranging from Pumpkin, to fresh picked apples, strawberries, numerous different berry smells, to champagne and even the smell of cookie dough!




I bought these around 6/7 weeks ago on eBay and they were priced between £1.99 and £2.89 plus they all had free delivery. I didn't buy them from just one seller because a lot of sellers had sold out of their stock. However, if you search for these via UK only sellers there are a lot of people to choose from. I know, I went a bit crazy and picked up 19 but I really can't resist. You can also get a wide variety off these super cute holders that can be attached to a handbag or your pocket. I picked these up for £2.00 each again with free delivery.

I'm just gutted that these aren't as cheap as they are in the USA; they're currently on offer at 5 for $5!! Despite them being more expensive, I know that I will be buying many more when these ones run low! I just wish Bath and Body Works would come to the UK again!

What do you think of the Bath and Body Works 'Pocket Bacs'?
Do you love them as much as I do? 

Twitter: @PurpleElll
Instagram: Elysia_JW


If you're feeling lucky, don't forget to enter the giveaway that I am currently holding to celebrate my blogs 1st birthday! I'm giving away, to one lucky reader, a tube of Liz Earle 'Cleanse & Polish' and a tin of the new limited edition 'Paint The Town' #3 Vaseline! To be in with a chance of winning, click HERE. Entry is super easy and will take you a matter of minutes. Good luck x

11 comments:

  1. I wish we had these over here! I'd love something that has a bit more of a scent that the alcohol we get here.

    Sarah | Some Sparkle and Shine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish that they were in the UK too because it would be amazing to get all the lush smells that are available in America! xx

      Delete
  2. so wish i had bath and body works near me! ah so jealous!

    chloebeautyy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish they were in the UK but if they were I would always be there and I'd probably develop even more of an anti bac obsession haha! xx

      Delete
  3. Wow thats a lot! I have the warm vanilla sugar one and I really like it - I wish B&B works came to the UK x


    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may have gone a little crazy but you can never have too many anti bacterial hand gels! Plus there are so many different scents it's hard to resist - no wonder people in US collect these haha xx

      Delete
  4. I feel you! I wish Bath and Body Works had stores in Norway too :(
    I'm not so addicted to the sanitizers, although if we had Bath and Bodyworks over here I probably would be;)
    I'm more a fan of all their scented candles, room sprays and wallflowers and ahhhhh I want it all ! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They should come to more countries for sure! Ah I have never tried their scented candles or anything else from the range. I'm just a huge hand sanitizer fan ... That sounds so sad haha! I've heard their candles smell amazing so I probably should try one at some point! xx

      Delete
  5. Great post, thanks for sharing!:)

    Hugs, Brittany, xx

    http://polkaanddots.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Glad you enjoyed reading :) xx

      Delete
  6. I want a bath and body works sooooo much in the UK!!!!

    ReplyDelete