Monday, 20 May 2013

Benefit They're Real Mascara - First Impressions

I have heard so so much about Benefit's They're Real Mascara but unfortunately not all of what I've heard has been good. The current mascara that I use is Lancome's Hypnose and I really like it. I have long and thick eye lashes anyway and I feel as though this mascara adds the perfect amount of length and volume to make me look like my lashes are false when they're not.

I have always wanted to try They're Real but I've never actually got round to buying it. The truth is, I haven't ever wanted to try it enough to convince myself that I need to go out and buy it right away. I would always consider buying it but then come across a few reviews of people saying the mascara was sticky, hard to remove, ruined their lashes and made their eyelashes go spidery. Now I know that a lot of girls these days like the spider eye lash look (Why!? I do not know) but I personally cannot stand them. I find them awful to the point where I have to stop myself saying to someone 'you do know that your mascara is making your eyelashes spidery don't you?' I know it's a personal thing how you prefer your lashes to look but for me spidery ones aren't acceptable. I'm pretty OCD when it comes to putting my mascara on and it's the thing that takes up the most time in my makeup routine. I like to have perfect lashes (well what I consider perfect) and if they're not up to my high standards I feel extremely rubbish!

That's weird and totally off topic, I know. But my point is ... I like a mascara that doesn't give me spider eyelashes. When I seen on Twitter that when you bought the current edition of ELLE you got a mini Benefit They're Real I went on a mission to hunt one down! I paid £4 for the magazine and the sample mascara is worth £9. For me personally, the magazine wasn't something I would buy again but the mascara definitely made it a worthwhile purchase!

I have done a few of these first impressions posts before and they have always received really good feedback so I thought I'd continue to do them! So far I have really enjoyed using They're Real...




- The wand is Plastic with little spikes on it (which is something I usually hate but this one is okay and doesn't scratch your eyelids).
- The black is black.
- It seems to lengthen as opposed to adding volume.
- One good coat can be used to achieved an eye opening look.
- Separates lashes.
- Easy to apply.
- I like quite a bit of mascara and I use two good coats to achieve a 'dramatic' look.
- It can become or start to look spidery quite easily.
- It works well on the lashes, whether you have curled them or not.
- Doesn't feel too sticky.
- Has serious staying power (I had been out all night, got home, fell asleep and in the morning this was still in place with no panda eyes!!)
- Isn't too difficult to remove - just hold your makeup wipe/cotton pad on your eyes for a few seconds longer.
- The spikes on the tip of the wand are perfect for getting right into the corner eyelashes or for using on the bottom more delicate lashes.
- Doesn't make me feel as though I have to tell people 'They're Real' eyelashes.

Since I have been doing these first impressions I have noticed that some people like the short snappy first impressions posts that I write after using the product for a few days whereas some people prefer the more in depth detailed reviews that are written after I have used the product for quite some time. Therefore, if you want to me to a 'first impressions' post and a proper detailed for every product please comment below and let me know :)

Twitter: @PurpleElll
Instagram: Elysia_JW

Don't forget the Cosmopolitan Blog Awards 2013 are now open for you to nominate your favourite blogs. Without sounding cheeky, if you would like to vote for The Little Beauty Blogg in the 'Best New Beauty Blog' category it would mean the absolute world to me. You can nominate your favourite blogs HERE x

16 comments:

  1. really want to try this mascara!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you can find the edition of ELLE with the mini mascara in it, I definitely recommend picking it up! Spending the £4 is completely worth it xxx

      Delete
  2. I have just done a post on this mascara my favorite!
    Great review hun.

    Sophie
    pocockins.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far I am impressed with I'm not sure whether it's going to become my holy grail mascara xx

      Delete
  3. I have to admit i didnt think this would be amazing but it actually really is and i love it haha

    www.andrewjamesblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. I'd heard such mixed reviews and had formed some opinions of the mascara without trying it! Spending the £4 was worth it, to get the little sample. I'm not sure whether I'd buy the full sized version though xx

      Delete
  4. Your Blog is Lovely! Great Post... I followed you!

    http://channichic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked the post, thank you very much for the follow, it means a lot xx

      Delete
  5. I definitely agree that this has serious staying power, takes forever to get off..apart from that I do really like this mascara apart from the price tag!xx

    maddie-elizabeth.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The staying powder of this mascara is insane! When I used my Simple eye makeup remover pads, I didn't find the product particularly hard to remove. However, I'm currently moving and everything is packed away so I've been relying on baby wipes to remove eye makeup and they haven't been doing as good of a job. A good eye makeup remover is essential for the stress free removal of this mascara xx

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. It really has exceeded my expectations! I'm not sure if I would purchase the full size product but I'm definitely glad I picked up ELLE for this small sample xx

      Delete
  7. Thanks for the post. It's always nice to read what other think about a particular product.

    http://mels-corner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem at all. I will probably be doing another post on this mascara and that will be more of an in depth review xx

      Delete
  8. Thanks for the review. I had been considering buying this mascara for a while since every review I'd heard until now actually praised this product. Doesn't sound like it's all it was cracked up to be though. Thanks for sharing :)

    www.debrabros.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem at all; I'm glad it was of use to you. I don't think this is a bad mascara at all (hence why there are both good and bad points) but I'm just not 100% sure whether or not it's as good as my Lancôme one. I know a lot of people love the mascara but I'm undecided as to whether or not I'll purchase the full sized one xx

      Delete