Tuesday, 18 December 2012

Tangle Teezer Review and Mini Life Update

Hello everyone, long time no speak! As I am pretty you're all aware (especially if you're a frequent reader and follow me on Twitter), I seem to have been absent from blogging for a while! Fear not, I haven't given up I have just had a lot of things on my plate recently! At the beginning of the month my time was consumed revising and preparing for an awful in class assessment and after that was over I just had 1 or 2 days being lazy, then I needed to make sure I was prepared for coming home for Christmas by buying everything I needed to buy in London and finally pack it all inside my suitcase hoping desperately it would fit! Eventually, on the 14th I arrived home safe and sound but unfortunately my poor nanna was taken into hospital late Friday evening so my time has been spent helping my mum prepare for Christmas and by visiting her - we're all hoping she is out in time for Christmas because it just wouldn't be the same without her and we all know she would hate being stuck in there at this time of year! We have all said that if she isn't out in time we will put Christmas on hold and have it another day when she can be with us but of course we're all hoping (and so is she) that she'll be home *crosses everything!!*

Anyway, now I have explained why I have been a little MIA from blogging,  hope you can understand and are looking forward to my newest feature - it feels like I have been away from blogging for so long!

As you can tell from the title of this post, today I am going to be reviewing and raving about the Tangle Teezer! I picked this little beauty up just over a month ago when I was on a shopping trip in Knightsbridge with a friend! Of course we grabbed some food there and had a lovely little mooch around Harrods. It was when we were walking out the doors that I noticed a Space NK directly opposite and despite there being one of the shops around the corner from where I currently live in London and hearing lots of beauty bloggers and YouTubers talk about how much they love this shop ... I had never been in. Well, it's safe to say that I am no longer a Space NK virgin and whilst browsing this beauty grotto in amazement I found what I had been thinking of buying for a long time ... A Tangle Teezer!

My Tangle Teezer only cost me £10 (they're a little cheaper/expensive depending on where you buy one from) so this didn't break the bank. I was so happy when I picked one up I couldn't wait to get back to my flat and give it a try. It's safe to say that I wasn't disappointed with it!

As you may or may not know, I always wear my hair in a scruffy top knot during the day and as a result of this when I take my bobbles out my hair can feel quite matted and is all curly. I feel as though using a hairbrush yanks and yanks at my hair and this of course feels a little uncomfortable because let's face it no girl likes her hair being pulled at!

I like to use my Tangle Teezer both when my hair is wet and when it's dry. I take this amazing creation in the shower with me because I'm not originally from the South and I'm used to the soft water that we have here up North. I just feel as though when I am in the shower my hair matts together and this is a pain in the backside when I'm trying to wash shampoo out. I like to wet my hair and brush through it before I'm about to apply the shampoo. I also use my Tangle Teezer when I deep condition my hair (something I do every Wednesday and Sunday). I like to apply my conditioner, leave it to soak in and then brush through my hair before washing it off. I also use my Tangle Teezer when I just condition my hair normally and again brush through before washing off - I feel this really gets this product into my roots and down the lengths of my hair making it super soft!
When using the Tangle Teezer dry I just use it as I would a normal hair brush and it works amazingly well. It doesn't pull at my hair causing my to feel discomfort or excess hair to fall out into the brush.

I really really like this Tangle Teezer and the design works well with my hair. I used to have really thick hair but over the past year my hair has changed and I would say it's medium thickness now - although my recent decision to use no heat at all (I only previously used a hairdryer) has made a huge change to my hair! (Maybe you'd be interested in hearing a bit more about that in a future post? Let me know in the comments below).

The way in which the Tangle Teezer has been designed means that the bristles can move with your hair to combat and destroy the knots rather than yank them out of your hair. The bristles of the Tangle Teezer means that they move with your hair rather than stay straight and although they're flexible they're not overly soft so it works perfectly :) I picked up the original tangle Teezer in bright pink (pictured below) but it is also available in black and sparkly purple!


I love this little creation so much that I would love to eventally pick up another Tangle Teezer to keep in my bag and to be more approproate for travelling. The only thing that I dislike about the original Tangle Teezer is that is doesn't come with some for of protection for the bristles and therefore when it's in your bag or you're travelling they could get damaged and become wonky. I don't think this would impact upon the way in which the Tangle Teezer performs but it just wouldn't look very nice - I like to try and keep my things in perfect condition. Therefore, I would like to try the Tangle Teezer Compact Styler in Pink/Black.

Also, because I enjoy using my Tangle Teezer so much in the shower I would like the try the Tangle Teezer Aqua Splash so I could have one of these wonderful things to leave at home to use when I'm there and to have at uni with me.

I would love to know what you think of Tangle Teezers - do you have one or do you perfer to use a standard hairbrush?

I hope you have all been having a lovely week and are looking forward to Christmas! Currently, we're all running around trying to get prepared and hoping that my poor nanna is home in time! I hope you're all not too stressed and are feeling prepared for the big day ;)



16 comments:

  1. I think I need this in my life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are amazing! This has made me never want to go back to using a hairbrush again xx

      Delete
  2. I have stopped using heat on my hair aswell and have found that it has changed by hair so i would love to read a post on how it has changed your hair. I do have a tangle teezer and find it is the only brush that doesn't cause me pain when brushing my hair- i absolutely love it

    I hope your nan gets better soon and is home in time to share christmas with you!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall think of writing one eventually as maybe part of a hair care routine post :) I am so happy that I decided not to carry on using any heat - I feel as though my hair has been given a completely new lease of life and I have been getting so many compliments off people asking what I have done to my hair because it looks so different. I've done nothing but use a hair mask and no heat - it works wonders!! Mine doesn't cause me pain either it's just so effortless and pain free I'm so glad I picked a Tangle Teezer up :)

      Ah thank you so so much! Really means a lot because we all want to see her better and home for Christmas as she'd hate being stuck in their on the big day and we would all hate her not being here with us. It would feel so wrong xxx

      Delete
  3. Do you think this would work on short hair as mine is AlWAYS matted in the shower and it just matts up and it becomes impossible to work with!?!! MEH!! I use v little heat on my hair too, only if it's cold out and I'd rather my hair was heat dried or when I'm washing it the night before and I need it to be in a style in the morning rather than being all lank and flat! lol :) But this is rare :)

    I'd love to read a haircare routine post hun whenever you get around to it :)

    Hope your Nana is alright and manages to come out for Christmas :)

    Lots of love

    Sarah xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um I'm really not sure about short hair as I don't know anyone who uses a Tangle Teezer with short hair :( I assume that it would work just as effectively as the bristles are designed to combat knots - it's definitely worth a try as I really rate and recommend this :D

      I used to always blow dry my hair. I would always wash my hair the night before I had uni the next day so it was getting heat on it at least 4 times a week. I stopped using my hair straighteners a long time ago and now since using no hairdryer I have noticed such a difference. It's amazing what no heat can do hahah!

      Someone above has already commented saying they would like a haircare routine so I will definitely think about doing at some point.

      Thank you lovely, we're all hoping she's out either tomorrow or Monday in time for the big day :) Everyone has been so lovely with their comments and wishing her well! xxxx

      Delete
  4. I really think I need this! So sorry to hear about your nan sweetie! :(

    www.agoldenbow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is amazing I'm so glad that I picked one up :) Thank you so much lovely! Just crossing our fingers she is home in time for Christmas xxx

      Delete
  5. Love your blog! I'm a new follower :)
    I've been wondering whether to buy the tangle teaser for a long time, and i'm like exactly the same as you - always wear my hair in a top knot and its always so knotty and horrible! This has now persuaded me! I'm gonna get one on my next shopping trip :)

    Nicolle x
    http://www.nicolleshelton.blogspot.co.uk/
    Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much lovely, I appreciate every follower so much it makes blogging seem much more rewarding to know that people enjoy reading what I post about :)

      It just makes brushing my hair so much easier and using it in the shower hasn't affected it at all - it's still bright pink and the bristles have only bent slightly from useage; nothing else. Such an amazing little product :) xxx

      Delete
  6. I have this exact Tangle Teezer, its great! Bought it as I had hair extensions put in and the stylist recommended this for not tugging on the bonds. Well the extensions lasted 4 days before i cracked up and took them out (i really didnt like them!!) but the brush is fantastic so at least something good came out of getting extensions haha x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're amazing for tackling knots aren't they!? I really like mine and I find that it works well with my hair when it's knotty and matted in the shower - I'd say it performs equally as well when being used wet or dry; so worth my £10! Ah such a shame to hear about the hair extensions only lasting 4 days as I bet they're pretty expensive! xxx

      Delete
  7. I adore my Tangle Teezer, I don't know how I would be able to go back to a normal brush. Especially when I have wet hair it just works wonders.
    Love the post & blog, Followed!
    Rachael x

    http://beautyin1place.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here I really couldn't go back to using a normal hairbrush! I love using my Tangle Teezer on wet hair it just works wonders!
      Thank you so much for the follow! I'm glad you like the blog :) xxx

      Delete
  8. aww I really want a Tangle Teezer, it's on my wishlist, hoping to get one in my stocking!
    Imogen <3
    www.eloquenceandflair.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing! I hope you got one in your stocking and had a lovely day :) xx

      Delete