Saturday, 17 November 2012

Mini Boots haul

 As those of you who follow me on Instagram may have noticed, yesterday I popped to my local Boots to stock up on a few things I needed. It's always so much easier to go into Boots as it is literally around the corner and the Superdrug is quite a way away!

I apologise if this post isn't the most interesting thing I have ever written on here but if you guys like looking at hauls as much as I do then I'm pretty sure you will appreciate this quick feature! I love looking at what other beauty bloggers have picked up because every so often you can find out about a really good product that you wouldn't have thought about yourself.

 
Cotton Wool Double Faced Oval Pads
 
I absolutely HATE the feel of cotton wool and so I have to pick up these pads to save myself from cringing at the feel of ordinary cotton wool! I also like these because they're amazing for using with my cleanser and toner - they're double sided and rather thick so they're perfect for use with face products or even nail varnish remover. There is 50 in a pack and they're priced at £1.89.
 
Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paint
 
To be fair, I have so so so many Barry M nail polishes I could probably open my own little shop. However, I find they chip so god damn easily so I haven't bought any Barry M in such a long time - grr :(. When I found out they were bringing the new Gelly Hi-Shine range out I was so excited as I had seen a few bloggers doing features and showing the swatches before the release (jealous of them for getting such an amazing opportunity!). I thought because these polishes are gel they will hopefully be a lot better than the usual Nail Paints and last that little bit longer. They are gel but you don't need to dry the nails using a special light :).
I picked up 2 colours as Boots had an offer on and I couldn't help but take advantage of it - buy one product and get the other half price. Therefore, one cost me £3.99 (full price) and the other cost me £1.99.
 

Left - Right: GNP 8 Grapefruit 243 and GNP 1 Blackberry 234.
 
L'Oreal Elvive Triple Resist Reinforcing Shampoo & Conditioner
 
I'm a typical girl when it comes to my hair and I get so paranoid with it so I like to take a lot of care! When I am in the shower I tend to loose a lot of hair and this is something that has always happened; I have nothing wrong with me, my hair just likes to fall. I love using this shampoo & conditioner because it helps strengthen hair that is prone to fall. I LOVE using this conditioner to deep condition my hair with and I have to say when I have used this conditoner and left it on for a hardly any hair falls! Girls with long hair that's prone to falling; take note!
I picked up the 250ml products (usually I pick up the bigger ones) as they were on offer at 2 for £4. Usually they're priced at £2.89 each so I only made a saving of £1.78 but still a little helps :)
 
 
Toni & Guy Nourish Reconstruction Mask
 
So as I have said I like to papmper my hair and take a lot of care of it and I haven't given it a good old condition for quite some time. Whilst browing through the shampoo and conditioner section this Toni & Guy hair mask really caught my eye! The fact that it says it's a reconstruction mask for intensely nourished hair meant I had to pick it up as I knew my hair would just LOVE this!
I have never used this product before or a hair mask before so I thought I would give this one a go. I've also never ever seen any blog reviews on this product so I am going to use it with a completely pen mind - I plan on having a hair pamper tomorrow night. It was priced at £7.19 for 200ml of product so it wasn't exactly cheap but for Toni & Guy I think it's really reasonable!
 
 
I also picked up some other boring things from Boots that I needed to repurchase but I thought they'd just make this feature awful to read as it isn't very exciting as it is! You're probably wondering why I picked up the shampoo and conditioner and then a deep conditioner but this is because I like the shampoo & condition everytime I wash my hair and then I am going to try and use this mask once a week!
 
I shall let you know how I find this Toni & Guy mask and I am sure I will be featuring it on here as soon as I have used it long enough to form an opinion on it. If you are interested in my hair care routine or find that you also have hair that's very prone to fall feel free to comment below and I will get back to you asap :)
 
What do you think of my mini Boots haul? Have you used any of these products? Do you like to pamper your hair of have hair that's prone to fall?
 
                                            I hope you're all having an amazing Saturday night.
 



12 comments:

  1. What are the Barry m gelly things like?? I'm intrueged about them! Lol

    http://www.foreveryoungforeverbeautiful.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really impressed by it! I put the purple one on yesterday and it was SUPER shiny I loved it! They really are high shine. However, I had to take it off today as I have the worst base coat by Rimmel and it makes the nail varnish come off my nail whole - annoying! I will try and find my other base coat and do a NOTD and review ASAP :) xxxx

      Delete
  2. It's funny, but now that you mention trying a product with a completely open mind because you haven't read anything about it on blogs, it's made me realise how heavily I actually am influenced by things like that. These days, I rarely buy a product unless I've searched for some reviews on it, but I suppose that's down to not wanting to waste pennies unnecessarily, as I have done in the past. Half the time I think reviews can just be confusing though, as inevitably some people love a product and others hate it!
    Mel x

    melswallofmirrors.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of products I have on my wish list are because I have seen them on other blogs and think they sound amazing but I just picked up the hair mask without knowing anything about it! I'm always really sad and spend forever in the shampoo section looking at the different products are reading which one sounds best. I have my faithful L'Oreal and I love Aussie but I like to look for a different product to use and this one has not disappointed me! I used it tonight and Im so happy - I will definitely be featuring as soon as I've used it a few more times xxx

      Delete
  3. Such pretty polishes. I'd love to see a NOTD xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you so much :) I have a slight pink nail polish obsession and purple is my favourite colour so I had to pick these 2 colours up - plus the fact they were on offer influenced the purchase! I shall do a NOTD as soon as possible :) xxx

      Delete
  4. Love the Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paint!! I've got the blackberry shade and love it!! Great post!
    Love Fizzy

    http://a-mix-of-everything-everywhere.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They seem really good! I had the purple one on briefly but had to take it off as the base coat I used was awful! I was super impressed with Blackberry such a lovely purple and definitely is hi-shine xxxx

      Delete
  5. I have yet to try Gelly polishes but I've heard lots of good things about them, I cant wait to purchase a bottle (or three!) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was impressed with them and they come in a few different shades which was good! I know Boots have a buy 1 get 1 half price offer on and Superdrug currently have 3 for 2 on all cosmetics - perfect for trying some of these polishes! xxxx

      Delete
  6. Cute haul! I always love seeing what people are buying :) x

    peachycurves.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you :) I love to see what other people have bought too - that's why I always do haul features because I know some people are really into them! Glad you liked it :) xxx

      Delete