Thursday, 25 October 2012

Batiste dry shampoo

I haven't blogged for what seems like ages. I haven't been blogging for a while for various reasons and now that my Twitter page seems to be taking off and I have been interacting with a lot of interesting people I want to get back into doing regular features! I've had such a busy night tonight as I'm going home tomorrow for a short while so I thought I would just do a simple review tonight :)

Batiste dry shampoo is something that lots of girls couldn't live without - myself included! This product is such a life saver and really revitalises and makes dirty hair look clean. The product is available in so many different scents and designs so there is a perfect Batiste out there for everyone. I particularly like using this product of a weekend when I haven't got anything planned and I am just lazing around - it's so quick and easy to use!

The first Batiste product that I ever bought was a small tin (50lm) in the 'Floral & Flirty Blush' scent :) The design on the can is flowery and girly which makes it perfect for popping into your handbag for on the go or for having in your bedroom/bathroom :)


This small tin of Batiste cost £1.49 from my local Boots store and really does smell nice. Of course the smell isn't wonderful as this is essentially talc powder in a can but it wasn't bad :) It didn't leave a horrible smell in your hair and it wasn't a really obvious scent that would make people know you're wearing dry shampoo. The directions for using the product are on the back of the can and as I have said before it is so easy to use! You literally hold the can 30cm away from your hair and spray it onto the roots. Once applied you just brush it through and style your hair as you wish. One slight issue for some women may be the fact that a white'ish residue it left on the hair - if you have a dark hair colour this will probably be an issue for you. However, all you need to do is make sure that you give your hair a good brushing and pay a attention to the roots where you have sprayed :)

The first tin that I bought was only a small on the go one and when it ran out I thought I would purchase a bigger size and try one that had a slight coloring to the powder. I have light brown'ish hair and therefore I chose the Batiste hint of colour dry shampoo that was designed for medium &brunette hair.


The size of the can I purchased was 200ml and cost £2.50 again from my local Boots store. When I first used this product I instantly noticed the smell - I really did not like it. The floral & flirty tin smelt really nice but this one absolutely stunk it really smelled like popcorn - who wants hair that smells like a cinema snack!? This smell wasn't a smell that went after a while, it stayed in my hair and everywhere I went I could smell popcorn.

The directions for use were exactly the same as the 50ml tin (hold 30cm away from hair, spray onto the roots and brush through before styling) and were listed on the back. I used the product in exactly the same way that I used the tin and I really didn't like the results. In fact Id go as far as to say that I hate this particular product by Batiste!

After spraying the product onto my roots, brushing through and styling my hair I noticed that I have little brown'ish colours dots all over me - on my top, on my neck, on my forehead and lingering in my hair line ... it looked as though Caviar had been put on me! I brushed and brushed and brushed and brushed my hair and the residue still remained. I was laying in bed later that day having a lazy Sunday afternoon and I noticed that the little brown powder was all over my pillow case - I think it's safe to say that I won't be using this product again.

The colour of the residue that was left all over me, my clothes and my hairline!

Despite having a bad experience with the coloured Batiste product, I haven't at all been put off the brand and I will be repurchasing another can soon - post probably the floral & blush one! I love Batiste and it is so perfect for a quick hair fix. The product can be used in any situation and I am super sure that a lot of girls rely upon this product when they're attending festivals!!

As well as providing your hair with a clean and no greasy look, this product can also be used to add volume! For those women who have very fine and flat hair that has no volume this may be your life saver. The Batiste brand isn't expensive at all and there is a specific one made that claims to give XXL volume :) There are a lot of dry shampoos out there that all range in price from the inexpensive to the super expensive but I prefer Batiste :)

A little piece of advice from me would be not to rely upon this product all the time and use it instead of washing your hair because shampoo and conditioning will always be a better and healthier option :) Also, I find that when I have used it I get little white flakes of it falling out (at the end of the day when brushing my hair for bed) and this could look like dandruff depending on how dark your hair is!

What do you guys think of Batiste dry shampoos? Do you have a particular scent that you would suggest I buy or do you not like using this product? I hope you have all had a lovely week and I promise I will try and blog more! Lots of love, Elysia xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

*I'd just like to point out that I do actually wash my hair HAHA! I like to wash it everyday for university. However, I have Fridays off and therefore don't wash my hair Thursday night so I like to use this product on a Sunday when I'm not going anywhere but when I want respectable looking hair as I am bound to encounter flat mates! Hope I no longer sound like a dirty person :)!!

14 comments:

  1. This product sounds perfect for camping out XDI never tried dry shampoos before mainly because I want to keep my pillow cases really clean every night. Drying long hair can be such a drag though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sue Lin :) This product really would be amazing for when you're camping out! It's so quick and easy to use it takes little effort to spray into your hair :) Ooh I know drying long hair can take such a long time and especially if you don't use a hair dryer! The floral & flirty one didn't leave anything on me or my pillows so it wouldn't mark them or anything :) It was just the product with a hint of colour in it that was awful - I don't recommend buying the ones that have colour in them. However, I definitely recommend the other products in the Batiste range :)! Elysia xxxx

      Delete
  2. I've never tried the brown one! (Although I'm currently blonde, but still, I used to be brunette). I tried the Superdrug ones recently as they were on offer and unfortunately I have to say they are absolutely awful. While Batite may have made my hair look a bit white and dull, at least it zaps the grease, the Superdrug brand ones don't seem to do much of anything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really don't recommend the coloured ones at all. I haven't tried the others but if they're anything like the other I don't want to try! I have never ever tried the Superdrug ones before I've only ever bought Batiste and fell in love with it! They do take a lot of brushing when you have used them or else they make you roots look slightly white/grey haha! As you said though, it's perfect for zapping grease!! Hipe you're having a lovely weekend, Elysia xxxx

      Delete
  3. Hey, i'm a relatively new blogger too and I just stumbled upon your blog!
    I used to be a Batiste girl through and through, and then I tried the Tresemme dry shampoo, and now I've been back and forth between the two ever since! I love the Cherry scented Batiste one though

    Would love you to check out my blog as well :) (following you on GFC)

    www.christiescupboard.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww it's so fun isn't it! I'm glad you found my blog! I'd love to know what you think of it - I'm on Twitter @PurpleElll I will check your blog out and follow you on GFC and Twitter if you're a user :)! I've never ever used Tresemme products since I used their shampoo once and it made my hair feel all gloopy and stick; really put me off! I've never tried the cherry one because I've never seen it in my local Boots but I'd love to try it :D!!

      I'm literally going to check it out right this minute and subscribe to you :)!!

      Hope your having a good weekend, Elysia xxxxx

      Delete
  4. Aw, you don't sound dirty! Actually this is really great because I've been thinking of using a brunette-specific dry shampoo and I haven't found any reviews. Won't purchase this, though, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good! I didn't want to sound like I didn't wash my hair and only replied upon dry shampoo haha! Aww I'm glad you came across my review then and it helped you make your decision :) I don't recommend the colour specific ones but I highly recommend any of their other products! Elysia xxxx

      Delete
  5. So many people swear by dry shampoo but I hate it, it makes my hair worse. I'd rather sacrifice a few extra minutes in bed and wash my hair. I know batiste is a good brand though. I tried the Superdrug ones and they're awful
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree with you there ! I'd rather take the time to wash my hair because nothing feels better than having clean freshly washed hair! However, sometimes I just have total lazy days and use my Batiste until I get into the shower at the night time :) I've never used the Superdrug ones but someone has previously commented that they're awful! Elysia xxxx

      Delete
  6. I prefer the original Batiste the best. It's great for in-between washes! I've heard that the Tresemme one is better though!? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried the original one but I will definitely have to! I also haven't tried to Tresemme one because I used their shampoo a few years ago and I just found it awful! However, someone above has already commented saying she liked the Tresemme one :) Elysia xxx

      Delete
  7. nice products *_* your blog is very good and interesting. im glad if you visit my blog, too <3

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much I'm glad you enjoyed reading it :D I will definitely visit your blog :) Elysia xxxx

      Delete