Wednesday, 31 October 2012

A mini make up haul

Yesterday I was in town with my mum and I needed to get a new concealer because my Benefit one has more of less run out now - :( Being the devoted beauty blogger that I am I decided that before buying a new one by Benefit I would buy a different brand and feature/review it :)

Now I say that I only needed a concealer which is true but as you can tell from the title of this feature going to get that one concealer turned into a mini make up haul ... ooooopsie! Within the beautyblogesphere there are so many beauty bloggers and we all rave about certain products and definitely influence each other with which products we decide to pick up!

The things that I ended up buying!
I have to admit that I have never really bought anything from Natural Collection before. I don't mean this in a snobby way, I just don't ever go to that section when I'm in Boots. However, while I was trauling the Boots website the other night looking for new products I'd like to buy and feature in the future I came across a green concealer - yes a green concealer! As soon as I seen this I had to take a look and see what this product was used for ... This green concealer is used as a coverup stick to hide rosy patches! WOW, I had to try because although I'm a pale person I have the most rosy cheeks ever and I am forever trying to cover them up! This product was a total bargain from Boots and cost me £1.99. I can't wait to try it out and see it if actually works or whether or not it isn't worth bothering about.

 
When the product is first placed onto your skin it looks very scary, I had to admit. It literally applies and is a super obvious mint green colour but this product blends in really well and would be totally undetectable when under your everyday make up.

The Natural Collection green concealer wasn't the product that I actually went into town for, although I did see it the other night and wanted to try it. I actually went into town wanting to try the Wake Me Up concealer by Rimmel but after reading a blog Monday I was reminded of the Collection (or Collection 2000) Lasting Perfection Concealer that many beauty bloggers have been raving over. This is a low priced concealer that is giving high end brands a run for their money! This product was £4 something from Superdrug and therefore would be perfect for those who want to be beautiful on a budget! Being a pale person, buying a concealer is always a huge huge challenge for me because often the palest shades are too dark for me! The rule of thumb when using a concealer is that it should be at least 2 shades lighter than your foundation - for me, this is literally impossible as I'd need a brilliant white colour ... sounds a bit like a paint name doesn't it haha! Anyway, it's pretty obvious I didn't get the Rimmel concealer I originally wanted because they didn't have it and the 2nd shade was waaaaaay too dark!




If you're reading this and are a beauty blogger or a frequent beauty blog reader/YouTube watcher you will know that within the beauty blogging community we have been RAVING over the next product that I bought! I have been super wanting to get my hands on one of these lip products and I may be a little late at jumping on the bandwagon but I'm so glad that I finally have done. I'm a person who doesn't really wear any lip products apart from lipbalms beause I always feel self concious that being pale makes my lips stand out far too much - weird reason not to wear lip products I know! Anyway, after standing in front of the Revlon section in Superdrug for ages and ages I finally decided I was going to buy some lip products - they were on offer at Superdrug and were 3 for the price of 2 so I'd have been silly not to really!
I decided that I was going to get a lip butter in the palest shade they do because this shade is gorgeous and gives a subtle hint of shimmer. The lip butters are priced at £7.99 and are a combination of a lip balm and a lip stick; some shades are more towards lipstick consistency but most remain as a balm/glaze with colour that can easily be built up to look like a lipstick .. if that makes sense? I am always always drawn to pink colours and my lips are rather pink anyway so I tend to suit these colours - however, I don't suit barbie pink lip colours I have tried and trust me I look awful!


The colour pictured and swatched is '005 Sugar Frosting'


Another lip product that has been working us beauty bloggers into a total frenzy is the Chubby Sticks my Clinique! Priced at £16 per lip product they're definitey a little more expensive than the ones I purchased today but they sound SO worth it - I can't wait to get my hands on a Chubby Stick!! The products I bought are Revlons take on the Chubby Stick and are called 'Just Bitten Kissable' and are a lip balm stain. Again, the colours I chose are light pinks and they can be worn subtle or built up to create a bold colour.


Above: '001 Honey/Douce
Below: '015 Cherish/Devotion
A Swatch of '001 Honey/Douce' - the colour is pink/nude and is very natural.
A Swatch of '051 Cherish/Devotion' - the colour can be applied in a subtle way or built up to create a barbie pink look - I prefer to more subtle application.
I included a picture of the issue I used to wipe the product off my arm because it shows the true colour of the product - I really like it!


So dolls this is everything that I bought yesterdat and I will be wearing these products really soon and featuring them in pictures and posts for you guys to read about! I will also review them at some point and include them in empties features when I have used them all up! I hope you enjoyed looking at my mini makeup haul and I would love to hear from my readers :)

What lip products are you loving at the moment? Have you tried the Revlon Lip Butters? Have you tried the Revlon version of the Chubby Stick or do you prefer to wear lipstick? I'd also love to know what you think of my 2 concealers and whether or not you have tried them before!

Don't forget you can comment with your thoughts in the comment section below of Tweet me at @PurpleElll - I hope you're all having a lovely Halloween, Elysia xxxx





10 comments:

  1. wow great in depth reviews :) I have the concealer & lipstick.. i think they're great x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you :) I always like to do in depth photos of the packaging and swatch the products because when I'm reading other people's blogs or looking for a new product I like to see swatches :) They really are good lip products! I like the lip stains because they don't stain your lips a lot it's only a subtle stain left afterwards! Elysia xxx

      Delete
  2. Aren't those chubby Revlon sticks so lovely? I like the minty smell!

    I tagged you in a blogger tag btw! http://quickcheapandpretty.blogspot.com/2012/10/blogger-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are lovely! They reminded me of the ones by Clinique which I know I will end up buying at some point but I opted for the Revlon! They're amazing and that minty smell is gorgeous - I thought I was smelling things at first because I didn't think they'd smell minty at all but I like it!
      Ooh yeah I seen that before when I was adding your blog! So thankful for you tagging me as I've ALWAYS wanted to do a tagged feature! Elysia xxxx

      Delete
  3. Great haul, I need to go shopping!
    You have a new follower :)

    Laurie
    http://life-nv.blogspot.co.uk/ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh thank you so much! Shopping for make up is always so fun right!?
      Thank you for the follow! I will check your blog out and follow you back. Elysia xxx

      Delete
  4. I love this haul. Revlon is amazing- FULL STOP :) ha

    www.mintyessence.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it :) Revlon are amazing - such good quality for a reasonable price! Elysia xxx

      Delete
  5. I bought that concealer the other day too, can't wait to try it out!

    sophie-said.blogspot.co.uk

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is such a good concealer! Great value for money. I wore it for the first time yesterday and it lasted all day, didn't smudge, blended well and didn't cause any irritation to my sensitive skin! The coverage is also AMAZING and could be used as a foundation if you only like minimal makeup! Elysia xxxx

    ReplyDelete